Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big Dan's Big News June 25, 2009

"WE DUMP SICK PEOPLE" - ex-Health Insurrance Executive

...when you search for Wendell Potter on YouTube, you get nothing! When you search for "Iran Election", you get 70,000+ hits. It's peculiar that something that was covered by ABC gets zero hits on YouTube, isn't it?


ABC covers part of congressional hearing on health care industry rescission of customers' policies: Frustrated Americans have long complained that their insurance companies valued the all-mighty buck over their health care. Today, a retired insurance executive confirmed their suspicions, arguing that the industry that once employed him regularly rips off its policyholders.

"[T]hey confuse their customers and dump the sick, all so they can satisfy their Wall Street investors," former Cigna senior executive Wendell Potter said during a hearing on health insurance today before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

Health Insurance Insider: 'They Dump the Sick'. Retired Health Insurance Executive Blows the Whistle on His Former Industry

Woman testifies at hearing, that she had her health policy revoked when the health insurance company found out she had breast cancer:



(bd: disclaimer - sorry if I scare the BEJEEZUZ out of anyone with the below picture...she should be for "single payer dental plan"... Obviously, without even asking, she has great health care coverage or she wouldn't be on TV. Do you know anyone without health care who's on TV saying they don't want single payer health care? THAT is what I want to see! I don't want to see people with GREAT HEALTH CARE on TV saying they're against health care change! Of course they're against health care change! Why doesn't the reporter ask: "Do YOU have great health care?" to her? They put people on TV with great health care, basically saying: "I got mine, so FUCK YOU!"!!!)

FUCK YOU! If you don't have health care. Tough shit! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps! That goes for that woman with cancer in the video above me, too!.

SUMMARY: CNN again hosted Betsy McCaughey to discuss health care despite the fact that CNN's own health care reporter had to debunk an earlier health care reform assertion advanced by McCaughey.

Why do the media -- most recently CNN -- enable McCaughey's falsehoods? She's asserting that the Affordable Health Choices Act "basically" "pushes everyone into an HMO-style plan." Keep up the propaganda, "liberal" corporate news! McCaughey is the media health care shill, Cheney is the media torture shill. Notice they don't have anyone on advocating single payer health care!



President Bush wanted a war in Iraq, and then went "excuse shopping":



I would personally like to strip-search YOUR child for Ibuprofen...at my house...with these googley glasses on...so I can see the tiny Ibuprofen better...I like Ibuprofen, did I ever tell you that? I've said too much...anyone seen my can of COKE??? I need it to wash down the Ibuprofen...I've said too much again...I better shut up...what's that over there???

Clarence Thomas only Supreme Court Justice to vote for strip-searching your child for ibuprofen...wishful thinking, I guess...


"PRACTICE"

Video 1 - the REAL Iverson interview
Video 2 - put to Rap music (h/t agent0296)



I like Ibu
blog comments powered by Disqus