Friday, December 18, 2009

Big Dan's Big News Dec 18, 2009

Luzerne County commissioner Skrepenak is #23 to go down in the ongoing Luzerne County FED corruption probe.



'I must resign at this time due to legal issues I must face.

I did not believe I did anything wrong until I met with the authorities. They demonstrated to me the mistakes I made and now I must hold myself accountable for those mistakes and accept the consequences, no matter how difficult it may be.

It would be very easy to blame others for what has transpired and to be very angry, however, I accept full responsibility for what has occurred.

I am still in shock, but understand that when you realize the error of your ways it is imperative you own up to them as quickly as possible.

I am deeply sorry for this turn of events. I am sorry to God, my family, my loyal supporters and the people of Luzerne County.

I have been truly humbled and know that while I do not like it, this is the path I must travel now. I have a deep faith and trust in God and know in my heart that somehow, someway this fits into his plan for me, no matter how much it hurts.

Even though it is one of my darkest hours, the season of Advent reminds us that there is always hope that better days are coming. I would hope that the good people of Luzerne County, my loyal supporters and my family would forgive me for my errors.

I also hope that while this mistake will cost me greatly and follow me for the rest of my life, it will be used as an example to current public office holders and those seeking public office, that there is a high standard by which you must conduct yourself. You must be able to differentiate between your personal and professional life. You must also follow strict guidelines that can't be confused with practices that might seem acceptable to others.

Due to the ongoing investigations and my complete cooperation with the authorities, I will not be able to comment further. For these reasons, I am not holding a press conference or conducting interviews.

I again want to stress my heartfelt sorrow for what has taken place. I can say without hesitation that I never intended to do wrong.'

Skrepenak falls amid 'legal issues'

Resignation means county must scramble on budget

Legacy derailed: Skrepenak falls short of goal

Sports community 'shocked' by resignation



Ed Schultz asks Obama to "pull up a chair"..........





On the contrary, Mr. McCain...............

It's about time we got some funny, young former comedians in the Senate to punk old farts. If you don't love Al Franken, you must like grouchy, old white guys from the past. McCain says Franken's actions "harms the comity of the Senate" - on the contrary, Al Franken enhances the comedy of the Senate. I'm glad McCain admits to the Senate being a comedy, but McCain stopped short of saying, "Get out of my yard" to Franken. Now, come on! Everyone of every stripe has got to think Al Franken is funny, I don't care if you're left, right, or from Mars. I could watch this 100 times, and I will laugh 100 times when Al Franken says, "I OBJECT!", and JoeMentum shockingly says, "Really?", then see McCain's feathers get all ruffled and he starts shaking his finger! Saturday Night Live has moved to the Senate floor...for real!!! I told you Al Franken in the Senate was going to be great! Everyone hates Lieberman anyway, so enjoy:

Get out of my yard, you whippersnapper!!!

The video begins with Joe Lieberman droning on and on an on in slow motion like Kermit the Frog on some kind of depressant or sedative; McCain says he "doesn't know what's going on in this body" - is he talking about his own body? or is he admitting he never knew what was going on in the Senate? Ever? Maybe he's having a flashback...




Update: Rightwingnuts having a snit-fit over Al Franken (good!)

Lieberman Socks





Super News - The Christmas Bailout





Final Fantasy - Lewis Takes Off His Shirt - Live At Hillside Festival In Guelph





Terry Callier - You Goin' Miss Your Candyman





blog comments powered by Disqus