Saturday, January 23, 2010

Big Dan's Big News Jan 23, 2010

Special commentary by Big Dan: "Here is why the FASCIST REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE ACTIVIST Supreme Court (Republicans Scalia/Roberts/Thomas/Alito/Kennedy) is wrong: they said SPEECH = MONEY. They said that limiting the money corporations give to politicians is limiting their 'freedom of speech'. So, the Supreme Court has defined 'freedom of speech' as money. SPEECH is MONEY. I have $10 dollars worth of SPEECH and Wal-Mart has $10 BILLION worth of SPEECH. They have more speech than I do. The richer you are, the more SPEECH you have. Can I sue the government for taxing me because they're taking away my 'freedom of speech', or can I sue because the Bush tax cuts gave rich people and corporations MORE 'freedom of speech'??? Because they've defined SPEECH as MONEY, they've taken away MY freedom of speech because I don't have as much money."

I love Ron Paul, but I have TWO big problems with him and the "Young Americans for Liberty": they are FOR the Supreme Court ruling taking away limits to corporations giving to politicians and on health care they are "you're on your own free marketers" and think everyone will magically get taken care of in the mystical free market like the olden days...kind of like we alljavascript:void(0) got "taken care of" in this financial crisis with the repeal of Glass-Steagal.


"Young Americans for Liberty", Ron Paul supporters, are just FINE with the Supreme Court's ruling:




I thought "conservatives" were against federal law superceding state law!!! I guess only when it suits their purposes!!! (hypocrites!)

“One day the Constitution of Colorado is the highest law of the state,” said Robert F. Williams, a law professor at Rutgers University. “The next day it’s wastepaper.”

NYTimes: 24 States’ Laws Open to Attack After Campaign Finance Ruling

Alan Grayson: We will have congressmen from WAL-MART now!!!

Ramifications of SCOTUS decision: FOREIGN multi-national companies can effect AMERICAN elections!!!

The Supreme Court "might support allowing foreign companies to spend freely in elections in the United States."


Cindy Sheehan on Facebook: "(I) got accosted by two Ron Paul supporters at the event in NYC tonight because I said I didn't agree with him 100% and they were mad because they said I was being "negative" to poor Dr. Paul--I don't agree 100% with very many people--these dewds were out of control--I thought we were going to get into a fist fight."




The REAL NEWS: Court green-lights corporate election spending



GOP PUTS "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" SIGN OUT AFTER SCOTUS CAMPAIGN FINANCING RULING





The anti-abortion movement is on trial:





blog comments powered by Disqus