Friday, May 23, 2008

"Black Friday" by Steely Big Dan




In honor of the bad economy, one of my all-time favorite groups, inspired by BlueBear's post:

When Black Friday comes, I'll stand down by the door.
And catch the grey men when they dive from the fourteenth floor.

When Black Friday comes, I'll collect everything I'm owed.
And before my friends find out I'll be on the road.

When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be, Don't let it fall on me

When Black Friday comes, I'll fly down to Muswellbrook.
Gonna strike all the big red words From my little black book.

Gonna do just what I please, Gonna wear no socks and shoes
With nothing to do but feed All the kangaroos

When Black Friday comes I'll be on that hill, You know I will

When Black Friday comes, I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it 'til satisfy my soul

Gonna let the world pass by me, The Archbishop's gonna sanctify me
And if he don't come across I'm gonna let it roll

When Black Friday comes, I'm gonna stake my claim
I'll guess I'll change my name

Steely Dan now...and then!
blog comments powered by Disqus